1. The Insanely Beautiful Lobby
Hotel Icon was originally constructed to house one of Texas’s most prominent financial institutions at the time, the Union National Bank. The building was erected in 1911 by renowned architectural firm, Mauran, Russell & Crowell. At 12 stories, it was one of the nation’s first concrete and steel skyscrapers. The original bank vault is still behind the front desk! See pictures below!
How cool is that?! I love staying somewhere that has history behind it and the fact that you get to see it in person right when you check in is awesome! The hotel also has a giant book of old pictures you can look through when you first walk in as well! If you love history, this hotel is for you!! I also love the fact that the building has these gorgeous classic Corinthian columns that span the exterior, along with decorative keystones and thirty-foot Doric columns that line the interior of the lobby.
Both of my outfits are from Blush Elegance, one of my all time favorite online shops! I personally know the owner and she has a heart of GOLD!!! Use code STYLINGSUNSHINE for 20% off your entire purchase!
2. The Magnificent Suites
Hotel Icon thought of EVERYTHING when it comes to accommodating their guests! Each room will grant guests a lavishing experience, an invitation to relax in the arms of attentive, exceptional hospitality! I was truly blown away from the second I arrived. The staff was extremely helpful and, of course, had that southern charm that I’ve missed so much since moving to SoCal! When I first saw my room I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. I adore all of the arches, crown molding, colors, and decor! Hotel Icon provides two robes that feel like heaven that I basically lived in my entire stay!
The room service staff was impeccable! I love enjoying a delicious breakfast in my suite with an incredible view of downtown Houston – the city I was born and raised in!!! This was actually my first time to stay downtown (I grew up in a suburb area called Cypress) and I truly had the best time exploring and learning more about my city. I would have to say my favorite part of the room is the bathroom with the sliding window! Hands down one of the most radiant bathrooms I have ever seen. The beautiful white-jetted tub surrounded by marble and yellow tiling with a separate glass encased shower is truly magnificent! I felt like A QUEEN in this bathroom, y’all!!!!
AUTHENTICALLY INVITING, ALWAYS ORIGINAL.
How luxurious is this Hotel Icon bathroom?! I can’t get over the ADORABLE bathtub!!! Most hotels I have stayed at have bare minimum bathrooms with terrible lighting, so I was blow away when I saw the bathroom had a double doors! I knew it was going to be GOOD. The rain shower is SO spacious and has the perfect pressure. I really love how much bathroom counter space their is too and the fact that it’s marble! This blogger always as too much stuff to layout when it comes to getting ready. Overall – BATHROOM GOALS!
3. Easy Access To Houston’s Best Local Attractions
I am not exaggerating when I say the BEST of downtown Houston is at your fingertips when you stay at Hotel Icon!!!! Being born in raised in the suburbs of Houston doesn’t mean I never came downtown. All of the go-to bars, restaurants, and attractions that my friends and I all drove 45+ mins to see are all literally a block from the hotel. I honestly had no idea and I was seriously so surprised!!!! Ubers can seriously add up when traveling and staying at a hotel that is in the middle of it all makes it possible to enjoy yourself that much more!
“This biracial Southern city dominated by white men throughout all of its history has become, by many measures, the single most ethically diverse major metropolitan area in the country. Who knew Houston would turn out to be at the forefront of what’s happening across all of America?” – LA TIMES
Houston is by far one of the most welcoming, friendly, diverse cities I have ever been to. TRULY one of its kind that you have to experience in person! And when you do, check out these places that are 2 blocks or less from Hotel Icon!
- Boomtown Coffee / 300 Main St – This cafe is so tasty & cute. It’s directly across the street from Hotel Icon!
- Dean’s Downtown / 316 Main St – Hands down the coolest furniture. A more chill party zone.
- Bovine & Barley / 416 Main St – This is the bar with the infamous HTX giant letters!
- The Commoner / 410 Main St – If you’re looking to PARTY.
- Boots ‘n Shoots / 506 Main St – My friends and I LOVE this place. It gets super packed, so if you don’t like big crowds do not come here lol.
- Batanga / 908 Congress St – This place has the coolest patio covered with hanging colorful umbrellas!! It is directly across from Hotel Icon.
- The Moonshiners Southern Table / 1000 Prairie St – If you’re looking for more of a bar restaurant this is your place. Great food and great drinks. The infamous “Southern Hospitality” sign is here as well.
- La Calle / 909 Franklin St – The best tacos!!!! The margaritas are amazing too and STONG. Head there during happy hour for the best deals!
- Market Square Park / 301 Milam St – One of the most gorgeous parks ever, and in the heart of downtown Houston. A true gem. See pictures below.
Special Thanks To The Photographers, Katie, Blush Elegance, and Hotel Icon.
- Saba Design Studio – Lobby photos in blue dress
- Katie’s Photo Life – Room photos and a few lobby photos in tropical jumpsuit
- Sosa Gonzalo Christian – Outside of hotel and around downtown
- Hair & Makeup – All pictures
- Outfits – Blush Elegance
Stay tuned for my VLOG that will be out soon!